Select your status

Below, we’ve gathered some helpful resident resources and quick responses to any questions you might have. The answers may vary when applied to a particular housing privatization project or privatized location. 

Air Force Members and their families should discuss their specific circumstances with the privatization Property Manager. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us at the main office.

    General FAQs

  • How do I submit a request to have maintenance repairs in my home?

    •  At JBCharleston, a designated phone line with dispatcher has been set up to answer all resident maintenance service requests. For JB Charleston, this phone number is (855) 831 3499 (FIXX) for both Charleston and Hunley Park. This maintenance phone line will be answered 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. All maintenance emergencies will be answered immediately.

      Life threatening emergencies should be directed to 911.

  • What is the trash pick-up schedule?

    • Weekly Trash Pick-Up is provided. Trash collection is every Thursday of every week. . Please place your trash at the curbside between 0530 - 0600 on your scheduled collection day. Containers are provided to each home and marked with the number. Please keep containers tightly closed at all times. Please return your containers and bins to storage areas i.e., garages, garage enclosures or the rear of the unit by 2000 on garbage collection day. If you miss your scheduled collection day, please do not leave your container on the curb. Please contact your Neighborhood Office. To request a repair or a replacement trash container, please contact your Neighborhood Office. Please check Facebook or with your Neighborhood Office for holiday trash collection schedules.

  • Yard Waste

    • Yard Waste, such as dead plants, grass, leaves, small branches, clippings, and limbs are to be placed in yard waste bags only and placed at curbside for collection. The contractor will normally collect yard waste once weekly on the same day as your landscaping is done. The schedule is posted on our website and our Facebook page and generally runs from April thru November. Small limbs should be broken into 4 foot or smaller length and bundled.

  • Recycling

    • Hunt Military Communities will be participating in the Charleston County Recycling Program. A bin will be provided, and recycled items will be collected on your regular trash collection day. Please contact your Neighborhood Office for a brochure.

  • Bulk Trash Pick-Up

    • Residents are reminded that there are no bulk refuse disposal areas within the housing neighborhoods. All bulky items such as, toys, barbecue grills and  are to be placed on the curb on Tuesday and Thursday mornings by 7:00 am.. Residents may not place bulk items on the curb other than on collection days. We do not pick up appliances or furniture. Appliances and furniture may be taken to behind the Outdoor Rec Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:00 am and 10:00 am by residents only.

      For a fee and upon request from the resident, Hunt Military Communities will collect bulk refuse at the curb. Requests must be made at least 3 working days before the desired collection date. The collection will be scheduled upon payment of the $150 per truckload fee at the neighborhood management office. If a resident fails to properly dispose of bulk items and leaves bulk items in or outside their home, they will be assessed a fee of $150 per truckload.

  • Will I need to maintain my lawn?

    • Hunt Military Communities is pleased to maintain the landscape (mowing, trimming, edging) of all common areas including greenways, parks, and play areas within the neighborhoods. The front yards of all homes will also be maintained by Hunt. If you have a fenced- in backyard, this will be the only area that you will be responsible to maintain. Resident is responsible for weeding and maintaining flower and planting beds. Residents are required to keep these areas free of any items that may prohibit the landscaping crews from maintaining these areas. Yards which are not kept free of toys, trash, abandoned items, pet waste or debris will not be mowed. If you desire to maintain your own lawn, please visit the neighborhood office to complete form.

  • What about snow removal?

    • Hunt Military Communities will remove snow, when required, from streets and common area sidewalks. Residents are responsible for snow removal on individual entry walks in front of and around their Premises and removal must take place within 12 hours of completion of the storm. Resident may be liable for injuries incurred due to failure to keep areas of responsibility free of snow and ice. JBCharleston Family Housing will remove snow from other areas.

      Our contractor will remove snow from an area eight feet in width from access roads to each house or house cluster and to the garage doors. In the event that vehicles are parked in the driveways or on the access roads, plow units will not plow any closer than three feet from parked vehicles or other obstructions. Snow removal operations will begin when an accumulation of two inches of snow is present in any area.

  • How do I submit a request to install items in and around my home?

    •  You must submit a written request at your Neighborhood Office to make any alterations to the exterior or interior of the home. No changes can be made without written permission from the Management office.

      Changes that require written permission include, but are not limited to, interior paint changes using standard colors, installing insured satellite dishes that are not secured to any part of the home, fence installation, and air conditioners.

      Changes/additions that are not allowed include, but are not limited to, hot tubs, tree houses, pools, and tree swings.

      Trampolines are not permitted on Resident’s Premises without prior written management approval. Trampolines must be kept in fenced-in backyard areas. All trampolines must be equipped with safety netting and must be properly and adequately anchored to the ground.  Use is at Residents’ risk. Trampolines are the sole responsibility of the Resident. Owner is not liable for any damages or injury as a result of the use of trampolines.  We strongly encourage trampoline owners to obtain additional liability insurance in case of injury or damage.

  • How do I report neighborhood issues?

    •  Your JBCharleston Neighborhood Office is open Monday through Friday, 0700 to 1600 to assist with any need. You may call or visit to discuss any concerns. Please contact the management office to report neighbor concerns, abandoned vehicles, safety hazards, inoperative street lights and sprinklers, stray cats and dogs, noise violations, etc.  Hunt Military Communities want to ensure that you and your family are comfortable in your home and have peace of mind regarding your neighborhood.

  • How do I request permission to have out of town guests in our home?

    • Guests and guest vehicles must be registered with the Neighborhood Management Office if staying longer than 48 hours. Simply call or visit the Neighborhood Management Office in advance of your guest's visit to notify the staff.
      Written approval is required for all guests staying over 30 days.

  • Do I need to notify Hunt Military Communities when I will be away from my home?

    •  Residents who will be away from their homes more than fourteen (14) days must notify their Neighborhood Management Office. The resident should leave an emergency contact number with Management in case of emergencies.

  • Do I need to report changes that would affect my housing status?

    • Changes in pay, number of dependents, duty location, etc. must be reported to the Neighborhood Management Offices immediately. All information regarding your residence needs to remain current in the Neighborhood Management Office including phone numbers, automobile registration, pet information and emergency contacts.

  • What happens when it’s time to move?

    • When you find out you’ll be moving, please stop by your Neighborhood Office to complete a Notice to Vacate.  This is a legal requirement in your lease agreement.  You may complete a Notice to Vacate even if you have not yet received your orders. Your lease requires that you give at least 30 days’ notice. You may also set up appointments for your pre-move and move out appointments at this time.

  • What if I’m moving to another Hunt Military Communities base?

    • Lucky you!  Hunt Military Communities has a loyalty program for residents moving to another Hunt site which can put money in your pocket!  Please contact your Neighborhood Office for details.  

  • How do I make a suggestion to Hunt Military Communities?

    • Hunt encourages and welcomes resident communication. You may enjoy the open door policy of the Resident Services Offices. All letters and phone calls will be responded to. Your resident website, offers a resident instant feedback link as well.

      Several avenues for resident feedback, suggestions and comments have been provided. Specifically, residents are randomly contacted following service requests, all potential residents are requested to complete customer feedback cards, random surveys regarding maintenance service are randomly distributed and yearly, all homes receive a survey conducted via third-party.